Tuesday, June 1, 2010

5:15p to 7:00p

5:15-5:30p: Extra stretching. Did 3 pull-ups! Don't think I've done more than 2 since high school.

5:30-5:50p: Warm-up/standard drills. Managed 75% of core exercises. Cramping. Completed 100% of push-ups from knees. Progress?

5:50-6:10p: Pass the guard. Did ok. Guard defense getting better, although after a couple minutes of frustrated pass attempts to pass my guard, a very experienced blue belt managed to choke me out while still in my guard. I should have broke my guard and defended the choke. Thought about that a bit too late. Next time.

6:10-6:30p: Technique/drills. Stand-up pull into guard. Then worked a kimura option from guard. Finished with a sweep option if opponent employs predictable kimura defense. Drilled all three combined. Learned something new. Simple enough that I don't *think* I'll forget this one!

6:30-7p: Rolls. First roll was with a fellow white belt of my approximate weight/size. I've rolled with him many many times. I recall rolling to a draw, but then again, he might have caught me in a choke. Second roll with same white belt I wrote about last week (5 submissions in 2 rolls). He felt a lot stronger and more confident than last week, but I didn't go for any submissions. Made him work though. Third roll was with an older white belt. Never rolled with him before. Tried a few interesting things from mount, all unsuccessful...especially the gogoplata (he reversed to side control). Good news is I'm definitely flexible enough to pull it off...some day. Last roll was with the new blue belt I rolled with last week (got his back). This time he choked me out a couple times and forced me to survive the entire roll. Need to defend the neck...big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment