Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BJJ Archetypes

Thank's Steve for this great link. Many of the archetypes describe me in part, but unfortunately, I think the GROANER is the best overall fit: "It is the guy who sits down to roll and groans like his body is 100 years old. He touches every joint and makes facial expressions like he is overcoming all odds to roll......then bam, he attacks with a fury on unsuspecting guys who feel sorry for him. Then after the roll, he staggers off the mat wincing in pain or discomfort, and then repeats the steps above on other victims." Not that attacking with a fury is always that effective, but I have noticed that although I generally feel like crap before rolls for some reason I find some mojo during the roll only to feel like crap again after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment