Saturday, April 7, 2012

Warning


Trained eight 6min rounds today plus a 4min round, following an hour class that included 15 mins of positional sparring.  Had two zingers.  Once when I bridged in a vain attempt to escape a Black's knee on belly.  Felt tingles/numbness in left hand.  Later, a Purple spiked me in an attempt to thwart my single leg attempt.  He expected me to roll, but I'm not that coordinated and I landed square on the top of my head.  JOLT.  Immediate numbness in right hand.  I feel fine now, but today's incidents are definite warnings that the herniated discs in my neck are agitated.  Taking two days off from BJJ.  Maybe three.

Post-train weight = 207.6

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rick
    Just read your post.. Man I hope you get better I am dealing with a herniated discs in my lower back and it is tough to train. I hope you get better soon.

    Cheers
    Dion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dion. Thankfully my back is solid (so far). Yeah...very hard to have a consistent training/competition regimen when you never know when or how long your discs will put you on the sidelines. I think I'll wait until Wednesday night to train. Schedule's a bit tight this week anyhow.

    ReplyDelete