Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Coming off the Pan High

...Yeah...came off the high alright.  Four, six-minute rounds after a slow warm up and a long technique session (two finish options from S mount).  I got my butt handed to me by a Purple the first round.  He's a couple inches taller, but my weight, and about a year or so younger.  I have no game for this guy.  He caught me with a gi cross choke from top side when I tried to escape north/south.  I "escaped" right into the choke.  Got a very talented and athletic Blue next.  He has a collegiate rassling background and got his Blue after a few months in the gi.  Now he has technique.  I managed to sweep him once, but other than that he just gave me trouble.  Lots of trouble.  Caught my breath during a round with one of the younger teenagers then got pummeled by a Green.  He's 33, weighs 195lbs, and is ripped.  Strong as can be.  I couldn't control him at all and my best technique was only minimally effective.  He had me in several bad spots and eventually caught me with front gi choke from guard.  He sunk one grip, I couldn't break it, then he bumped and I posted to keep balance/posture.  That's when he sunk the other grip and I was done.  Silly.  Anyways, nothing like coming back to a good arse whooping.

No comments:

Post a Comment