Saturday, April 21, 2012

Had to Stop Myself

Great to be back on the mats this morning.  Class started with a solid warm up before reviewing basic guard opening techniques from the ground and learning a couple standing guard break techniques.   Finished class with positional training from standing closed guard and one six-min standard training.  I worked with a 160lb Green with a foot injury.  We went very light.  Almost flow roll.

I managed three rounds for open mat.  Got a smaller and older White, a younger and slightly lighter Brown, and Black, 170lbs and probably late 30s.   Fun training.  Most impressed with conditioning.  Handled 11 tough minutes with the Brown and after only 90secs rest, got called out by the Black.  Solid sweep against the Black (bread and butter sweep off a pass) and a few reversals and sweeps against the Brown.  Escaped a few arm bar and choke attempts.  Played more top game than I expected as a result of the sweeps and escapes.  The White had me in some awkward but not terribly threatening positions.  Brown caught my arm once or twice.  Black caught it once.

Very tempted to keep going.  Had to stop myself from overdoing it.  Feel okay now, but have slight tingling sensation in my right index finger and thumb.  That means the neck is aggravated.  Glad I stopped when I did.   I hope to train again Tues and Thurs before the Phoenix Open on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment