Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dominated

Short warm-up followed by 15mins of grip breaking and take down setups.  A Purple (probably 180lbs) dominated me during grip breaks.  If someone like him gets a hold of my gi, I'm done.  Technique was a half guard pass (weave variation).  I liked it, at first.  Finished class with 20min positional sparring from half guard.  It was nearly impossible for me to implement the technique in a sparring situation when the opponent knows it is coming.  The first Purple I worked with couldn't execute either.  The second Purple, the grip break guy, dominated me with it.  I didn't stop him once and he shut me down every time.  Quite humbling.  Open mat training included four, 6min rounds.  Got three Whites and a Blue.  All smaller than me.  Mostly let them work, but I hit a couple sweeps and passes that I've been having trouble with against larger or more experienced guys.

205.2 after class and 206.4 this morning.  Still have to cut 5+lbs by next Saturday morning to make 30+ Light Heavy (181-200lbs).  I heard a rumor that Grappling X usually combines the 30+ divisions with Adult due to lack of 30+ fighters.  The Adult Light Heavyweight division is 196-205lbs.  Either way, I'm on course to make weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment