Sunday, March 25, 2012

Today's Sweat

30 mins swim, 20 mins core/stretches, 30 mins elliptical, 15 min cool down.   

Haven't swam in a while.  I swam in high school and played water polo.  It's like riding a bike in many ways.  But the pool was 80F+ and after 30 mins I felt like puking.  Nausea aside, I realize swimming is a good cross-train option and far less impactive on my knees/hips than running.   Pushed the elliptical quite a bit.  Averaged 158bpm with a 2-min sprint at 15 min mark that got my HR up to 180bpm.  My flexibility has returned, probably because my gut is smaller than it was a few weeks ago.  I can comfortably put my knees behind my head to my shoulders and walk around my head.  I'm very comfortable in  inverted position.  

215.7 wake-up and 213.4 post-workout.  I'm going to keep cutting through Wednesday.  I'll fill (good stuff) and hydrate on Thursday.  That's the current plan anyhow.    

No comments:

Post a Comment