Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pan Brackets

Brackets are up and it looks like I got a/the bye.  I say "a" bye because it looks like 7 of the 9 guys in my division (including me) get byes to the quarter finals.  I say "the" bye because I'm the only one advancing to the quarters who will be fighting the winner of an earlier round.  I suppose that gives me a leg up because I will get to watch my first competitor before taking the mat.  But, then again, is that an advantage?  He will be warm with settled nerves.  I'll do my best to warm-up, but my nerves will be wrecked.

BTW, I'm getting a bit worried about my weight.  After a very light lunch (spinach and grilled chicken) I weighed 217.00.  Add my gi and I'm over 221.  I really don't want to starve myself the last couple days.  I've been on 1200 calories or less for three weeks now and don't feel so hot...    

2 comments:

  1. laxative. seriously, the only time i did the mundials i woke up that morning overweight!! a good ol' #2 that thoroughly cleansed me and i came in exactly at weight.

    a little guy like me lost 1.2 lbs in just one poop. haha.

    i'm sure you already have cut out sugar and such from your daily routine. man, its gonna be just water, fresh fruit, whole wheat and tuna for the next two days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Rowdy. I'll give the lax a try tonight. I cut refined sugars from my diet a few years ago. My diet for the past few weeks has been mostly veggies with light servings of chicken or fish. Quinoa the only grain. Some fruit, but I've been told to go light because of sugar content. Also, one 200cal bar with 20g protein before each workout.

    ReplyDelete