Thursday, March 8, 2012

Morning Session

Road my bike a few miles to the gym.  Warmed up gynastica natural for 20+ minutes before three ~8 minute rounds of open mat training.  Got to see a couple old friends/training partners and met some new folks, including a new white belt from Chechnya with a solid wrestling background.  Only a month in the gi and his grip breaking instincts and technique are already exceptional.  This kid is going to be good!   Training felt good.  Didn't push myself at all.  Emphasized fuel conservation and it worked.  I didn't gas.  Did get stuck stalling in turtle for a few minutes though with a very experienced Blue.  Defended a couple crucifix attempts, but when I finally tried to roll out of turtle he took my back and eventually got the arm.  Post-train ride back in moderate humidity = lots of sweat.  Now at a coffee shop doing some work before the evening session.

No comments:

Post a Comment