Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Brazil Camp Photos

Camp has been crazy.  I hope to find time some day to write a proper post about my experience, but now is not the time.  Our schedule has been quite literally TRAIN, EAT, SLEEP, TRAIN, EAT, SLEEP, REPEAT.  Today was Day 9 and since my division goes Friday am, my training is done.  I've done everything I can to prepare for the biggest tournament of my short jiu-jitsu hobby/career.  Now it's time to rest, lick my wounds, maintain weight, and keep focused on my game plan.  

The camp is at Professor Rodrigo Pagani's house in the Charles Darwin State Park in Niteroi (across the bay from Rio proper).  It's very rural and the roads are a bit of a wreck.  

Like I said, very rural.

Our first stop was Adriano's house, one of Rodrigo's Purple Belts.  His car and front gate were appropriately marked with the RJJA logo.  

Very nice small house.  Loved it!

Outside.  

I stayed here the first night.  Morning quiet time was wonderful.

 Professor Pagani's house is also very nice.  Lot's of yard space and we spent a lot of time eating and hanging out in the patio areas.  

First day in country and they treated me to a BBQ.  (Note the obligatory gi over beam for grip pull-ups.)  

Professor Rodrigo and his students built the gym adjacent to his house.  One of Rodrigo's black belts, Renato is painting.  I spent a couple hours my first day there painting.  So honored to be a part of this process.  


Mats!  

Professor Renato supervising the electrical installation (BTW, the "electrician" is really a doctor and also one of Saulo's first black belts) 

 Even the french bull dog dons the RJJA logo! 

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. Love the hammock and the view to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! Yes. The hammock was great...while it lasted. Someone busted it the second day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great pictures! Thanks for sharing this with us. I can't believe how many pics you uploaded! Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete