Saturday, September 18, 2010

10:50a to 12:30p

10:50-11a: Stretched. Body ached. Day 6 in a row. 14 hrs of training this week between 5 BJJ classes, 2 self defense, 2 kickboxing, and a judo class. Although I ached, I felt better than I did before class any time during my first couple months training.

11-11:20a: Warm-ups / standard drills. Kirk led. Did lots of push-ups. Completed 15 or so properly and the rest from knees. Kirk had us do three sets from 5 fingers, 3 fingers, then thumbs. Didn't even try the thumb push-ups. Just did them from a fist.

11:20-11:30a: Sweep / pass the guard. Got a sweep on my first round by implementing a technique learned last week. Then got passed by a tough new white belt with no gi pants. Stepped into a 24-yr old judo black belt's guard. Today was his first day at jits. Took me a couple minutes and a TON of energy to break his guard. I was stuck. Once I broke his guard, it didn't take long to pass.

11:30a-12p: Technique. Flow drills. Same as Thursday night's class, but used bow and arrow to finish instead of a cross choke.

12-12:30p: Rolls. Got the tough new White Belt with no gi pants first. He's from Brazil and says he used to train BJJ. Not sure how long. Strong kid. Spent lots of time fending off guard pass attempts. He eventually passed and went to mount almost immediately. Swept him and landed into his guard. Passed to side control, but he recovered half guard. Finished with a cross choke from half guard right as time expired. Tap came 1 or 2 secs before bell.

Got a Blue Belt next. I should know his name...drats. Had significant posture maintenance problems. Got my arm stuck in a whizzer that led to an arm lock. Knew it was just a matter of time. Couldn't figure out how to escape. Same goes for the guillotine variation he caught me in when I had him in half guard. I tried to transition to deep half, but he hooked the neck and slowly improved his angle and pressure until I had to tap. Only bright spot on my part was an arm bar escape using Saulo's trusty technique.

Last roll with Professor Matthias. First time that it felt like rolling with him. It was pretty obvious that he was letting me work in prior sessions. Although I know he was letting me work today, it wasn't so obvious. Sort of like my roll with Paragon Professor Chris Lavato back in July. Had a good time.

Forgot to stretch after class again. What's wrong with my brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment