Saturday, September 18, 2010

Grip Pain

Slightly concerned about my knuckles. I woke up last night every hour or so and my knuckles ached. Although the frequency of waking up was new, the knuckle pain is not. I've noticed aches and pains in the knuckles in the middle of the night and when I wake up for about a month now. Fortunately the pain is nearly unnoticeable within 15-20 minutes of waking up. Extending and flexing the knuckles repetitively first thing in the morning seems to help. I have to wonder if I'm clenching at night. Or is it the first signs of an arthritic condition? Not sure...

3 comments:

  1. My husband suffered this same problem his first year in training bjj. Eventually it went away. I experience it on occasion. You're right on with the morning exercises. Hopefully it will pass for you too. (Jen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started noticing toe problems last week when doing mountain climbers. I think I've been spared a lot of pain since I already had "conditioned" toes from dancing, but 8 months in and it's starting to get to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jen, glad to know there may be some hope and it could eventually go away!
    @Megan, my toes ache too, but not too bad and it's more of a constant thing as opposed to a wake up in the middle of the night with joint pain that goes away during the day sort of thing. Be careful of toe dislocations. I dislocated a pinky toe after only 1 month of training. Consider taping your pinky and big toes to the adjacent toes. Might help.

    ReplyDelete