Thursday, September 23, 2010

5:00 to 8:15p

5-5:30p: Stretched. Slowly. Had aspirations to do core solo drills and work up a good sweat before start of class. Nixed that idea as soon as I started stretching. Tired. Muscles tight. Sore ribs. Not sure why.

5:30-5:45p: Warm-up / standard drills. David (15yr old 4-stripe White Belt) led. Not much of a warm-up, but the push-ups killed me. Did something to my left pectoral. Doesn't feel like a pull. Just extremely sore. But I usually don't feel soreness until after the workout.

5:45-5:55p: Sweep / pass the guard. Boat load of folks today, so I only got one chance to pass Mike's (2-stripe White Belt) guard. I'd never met Mike before. He's very strong guy. Apparently only been doing BJJ for a couple months. Almost passed his guard, but he recovered half guard. Went to pass half guard and he locked in a figure four kimura set-up. My only choice was to tap or roll out. I rolled out and gave up the "sweep." This guy is going to be a tough roll. Looking forward to sparring with him.

5:55-6:30p: Techniques. Three submissions from guard. Classic arm bar. Palm up / palm down cross choke. Triangle.

6:30-7p: Rolls. 5 or 6 minute rounds. Plenty of time between rolls because there were so many people it took a while for Professor Matthias to pair everyone. Got Big Steve (3-stripe White Belt), Woody (Blue Belt), and Neal (Blue Belt). Felt very comfortable. Had decent hip movement. Wasn't breathing too hard until the end of my last roll (with Neal). Got a sweep off a pass (vs. White Belt) and took back a few times (vs. White Belt and Blue Belt). Got taps to bow and arrow choke (vs Blue Belt) and palm up / palm down choke from guard (vs. Blue Belt). Neal caught me in a choke (not sure what happened) and Big Steve almost caught me in an arm triangle. Neal almost had an arm bar as well. Had the clock not run out, he may have got it.

7-8:15p: Kickboxing. Couldn't do the push-ups AT ALL. Left pectoral hurt quite a bit. Jump ropes went way better than last attempt. Struggled to maintain balance during all kicks that requires a pivot. Stretched to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment