Saturday, September 25, 2010

Re-injured knee

And I took Friday off (no judo) to rest the knee... Same one as before. Right knee. Thought it was the miniscus before but I'm told it's the LCL. Still not sure how bad it's hurt, but symptoms are similar to the last sprain that had me on the DL for two weeks. Tis what it is.

10-11a: Showed up early to straighten and clean the mats with Matt.

11-11:20a: Warm-ups / standard drills. Push-ups were miserable. Left pec very sore.

11:20-11:30a: Sweep / pass the guard. Had a good pass and sweep, but got swept
three times. Silly posture mistakes. Popped my knee twice during one of the sweeps. At the time I didn't think I was hurt.

11:30a-12p: Technique. Arm bar variation from closed guard. Required some good hip movement. Like it! Learned another variation in response to stack defense. Don't remember the third technique because at that point I was in pain and sat out, really distracted and completely bummed...

No comments:

Post a Comment