Friday, September 3, 2010

DL Day 6

Open mat this morning. Solo warm-ups. Then worked with Mike (Purple Belt) a bit. He helped me with side control posture / escapes and hip movement. Sweep / pass the guard with me on bottom since that feels safest right now. Played a lot of open guard. De La Riva and Spider mostly. Mike also showed me a technique to break posture from closed guard and side escape that opens up sweep and submission opportunities. Most important take away lesson = Less push/pull and more hip movement to create angles. I know...I know...but why do I have so much trouble doing? Essentially did the same thing with two others (a Blue Belt and a 2-yr White Belt), but much less teaching and they went for submissions (successfully I might add; several chokes and an arm bar.). Took it pretty easy but still managed work up a good sweat. Knee brace helps. Icing to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment