Friday, August 10, 2012

Tijuca: My Day

Here are photos from Friday, 7/27: my day.

My day actually started the night before.  Just me, by the pool, getting focused.  Tranquilo.

Tijuca showers.  About to gi up.

The long, lonely walk to the bullpen.  The ceiling is about 6' high.  You can feel the vibrations from the crowd above and the cheers invade the space as a low pitch growl. 

About to fight.  


Pulled guard and swept within 15 secs of closing guard.

 Couldn't pass his guard off the sweep.  Got stuck in closed guard.

CBJJF photo.  Lots of grip fighting here.  

He tried all sorts of sweeps. 

 Based out and tried to control pace within his guard. 

Almost passed his guard a couple times.   

 But couldn't...  He eventually swept me.

                                                 Won by judges decision.  Whew! 

 2nd match.  Pulled guard and swept almost immediately.


 Pressure! 


CBJJF photo of my second match. 

Won 14-0.


Video of my final.  Almost swept him a couple times but he eventually passed my guard to north/south.  I gave him my arm shortly after he switched to side.  

Waiting to get our medals.  My finals opponent is on the right.

Prata! 

  







 

No comments:

Post a Comment