Saturday, August 4, 2012

First Day Back @ UNIJJ

Popped my elbow in the final match in Brazil so I took most this week off.  Started conditioning Thursday and lifted Friday without much trouble.   Feeling fairly good so I decided to head to UNIJJ for Saturday's fundamentals class and a little open mat.   Overall a good class.  Elbow still very sore and the armbar from guard drills did not feel very good.  I hit a loop choke, guard pass, and curu-curu sweep that I learned in Brazil.  I missed a step on the loop choke though, but managed to muscle a finish.  I was a bit disappointed with my cardio.  Very tired.  Light-headed.  Weak.  Gassed.

I've been cutting all week to make Medium-Heavy for the Las Vegas Open this weekend.  No one had signed up for Master or Senior 1 Heavy.  So I thought I had to go to Med-Heavy to have a fight (other than absolute).  So I cut about 5lbs in three days and I could feel it in class.  Woke up 198.4lbs.  Had a light breakfast and protein shake before class.  Weighed 196.2lbs post-train.

Good news!  This afternoon two more signed up for Heavy.  So I had a great dinner tonight and I'm going to eat well and hydrate all week.  After the tourney next weekend I'll have a month to cut to Med-Heavy for American Nationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment