Saturday, August 14, 2010

4 Months

Another month has passed...I'm content with where I am at this stage of my journey. I'm stronger, a bit lighter, and much more aware of my body and its needs than I was four months ago. Weight: 212-215 (~5-8lbs lighter than last month!). I'm gaining confidence in certain aspects of my game (e.g, various open guards, sweeps, and chokes) while peeking under the veil that keeps me blissfully ignorant of inumerable holes (e.g., last month I learned just how bad my side control/mount escapes and mount maintenace are).

This Month's Training Goals:
  1. Make an average of 4 classes per week, with no less than 3 in a week.
  2. Stretch before and after all workouts.
  3. Practice what I learn. Take Dev's advice and implement technique of the day during rolls.
  4. Take a few private lessons before heading back to New Orleans on 9/12. Not to learn anything new, but to see how far I am from being truly proficient at what I *think* I have down.
  5. Work core. Extra hip/core solo drills before workouts. Each week, complete at least half the P90 X Core Synergistics and the entire Ab Ripper X routines (two total sessions).
  6. Eat better. More greens and fruit. Less bread. Smaller portions all around.
  7. Sleep more. Strive for 8hrs, but no less than 7hrs.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug! :)

    I ABSOLUTELY recommend you read Dolph's post on getting the most out of a private:

    http://bjjblues.blogspot.com/2009/07/7-tips-for-getting-most-out-of-private.html

    I agree with you about not trying to learn anything new. You will anyway. But go in with a plan: I want to work bottom side control escapes, or half guard sweeps, or whatever. You can sometimes leave it up to your coach, but you know what's working for you and what's not right now. I personally recommend you focus on something that scares you to death (I used bottom side control for a reason, because that was mine) and then apply it in every single practice.

    ReplyDelete