Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tourney Changes

Phoenix Open (4/28):  I dropped from Senior 1 to Adult.  No one else signed up for Senior 1/Blue/SuperHeavy and there wasn't anyone registered for Master/Blue/Super.  Only one person in Adult/Blue/Super division, so what the heck.  That should qualify me for a fairly full Adult open class.  Looking forward to mixing it up with the young bucks.  


Grappling X, San Diego (5/6):  I dropped from Heavy (201+) to Light Heavy (181-200).  Grappling X lets you weigh in without a gi and 24hrs before fight time.  I woke up the last two mornings at 208.0.  I figure I can drop 7+lbs in 15 days.  I would have been among the lightest of the 201+ division; a division without an upper weight limit.  Not ideal, but I didn't think I had a chance at Light Heavy.  Weight progress is going well so I'm really looking forward to mixing it up with the faster Light Heavy group.    


I was feeling well enough to hit the mats today, but couldn't.  Life interrupted so I handled my responsibilities and took the missed mat time in stride.  Strength and conditioning tomorrow and then BJJ again on Saturday morning.  Can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment