Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sidelined - Neck Issues

I'm out for a while.  Not sure how long yet.  Fingers numb/tingly.  Achy trap.  Spamsy pec.  Dull pain. Flaring herniated c5-c6 almost certainly the cause.  Not much I can do about it.  Taking muscle relaxers and trying not to get too bummed out.  Been here before.  Twice.  First time kept me off the mats 6 weeks.  Second time almost 3 months.  But both times I made it back.  It will pass again this time, I'm sure.  Can't wait to get back on the mats.

1 comment:

  1. Ewe... I've been there, too. Those types of injuries can haunt you for the rest of your life, my friend. Hope all goes well. Have you looked into any physical therapy, like the Egoscue methods, or anything like that? Just curious. I've heard of it getting good reviews, and I routinely use the Egoscue method "static back" exercise to help with postural restoration and to make my back/ neck relax (I get spasms in my right neck/ trap area, also from a herniated disc, C-4 & C-5).

    Hope you get better fast! - Ronnie

    ReplyDelete