Monday, May 31, 2010

The Farm

Spent the weekend at a farm in Alexandria, LA. 100 acres owned by my employer. The four house compound is a real farm with cows, horses, donkeys, a stream with fish and turtles, cats, dogs, 2000 walnut trees, golf carts, the works. Quite refreshing weekend. Went for a two-mile jog/walk each morning with 50 push-ups on a guard rail at the mile point. The leisurely weekend allowed me to spend a good amount of time in Saulo Ribiero's book, Jiu Jitsu University. Purple belt friend of mine gave me the book a month or so ago. I devoured survival and am starting to dive into escapes. I really like Saulo's approach to teaching and I'm so glad his school is only a few miles from my house in San Diego. I'll train there in July and part of August when I'm home and longer-term when I finish this New Orleans job assignment sometime in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment