Monday, May 24, 2010

6pm to 8:30pm

6-7p: Stretch and roll with friend (purple belt). He wanted to work guard. Got swept so many times I lost count. Good time though. Hope we can do this every M&W.

7-7:20p: Warm ups/drills. Didn't even attempt the Judo push ups. Finished about 75% of the regular push-ups from knees. Lower back cramps on some of the core reps.

7:20-7:40p: Side control and mount pin/escape and submission/escape drills. Liked these drills. Partner reversed mount to guard multiple times. Hmm...thought I had my weight low and balanced. Tried and failed S-mount escape twice (resulted in armbar both times). Need to keeptighter.

7:40-8:00p: Rest of class did take down drills. A couple other white belts and I worked on grip breaks and pull into guard from stand up.

8:00-8:30p: Rolls. Got submitted many times. Thought my defense was better than that. It's all a blur. Progress? Escaped a 14-yr old's triangle attempt by posturing in time and then fended off arm-bar attempt. This kid is tough. I probably have 100lbs and 6" on him. A couple weeks ago I'd have tapped. Yes. Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment