Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baseline

I'm 6'0" and weigh 220lbs. I've weighed as much as 260lbs (June 2006), but dropped to my current weight via diet modification. Haven't lost a pound since I started BJJ five weeks ago. I train 3-4 days per week and have been in a constant state of soreness. Hopefully my metabolism is in shock and fat is converting to muscle. ;-)

Speaking of fat, I am very soft. Have been for years. I had a capsular shift on my left shoulder when I was 17 and a synovectomy of the same shoulder at age 23. Physical therapy didn't go too well and I've struggled with upper body exertion since high school. This "struggle" has carried over into BJJ workouts. I can only muster the strength for a few proper push ups and maybe a pull up or two. During warm-ups, I push up from my knees (and still can't complete all the reps). Completing the core workouts without cramping is also a daily struggle.

Yeah...I'm soft. Progress to be measured in % of warm-up complete. Hey. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment