Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5:30p to 7:00p

5:30-5:50p: Warm-up/standard drills. Observed one of the drills. Not sure what its called. Need to have a better handle on that one before I slow others down. Still 75% of push-ups from knees and lower back cramps on core exercises.

5:50-6:10p: Pass the guard. Swept by brown belt. Swept by white belt. Held white belt in guard until we both got to stand up.

6:10-6:30p: Drills. Armbar to arbmar escape to triangle. Then added armbar to armbar escape to triangle to triangle survival to omoplata. Enjoyed these drills, but still focusing on survival basics. ;-)

6:30-7:00p: Rolls. Three white belts and a purple belt. Submitted once by white belt (armbar). Not sure what I did wrong, but I did miss an escape opportunity once caught. Purple belt must have gone easy on me, although his compliment of my defense seemed genuine. One of my rolls was with a "new" guy. Funny. I'm the new guy. But this guy was really new. 3rd day. From the moment we squared up I realized what a difference 5 weeks makes. Passed guard to side control to knee on belly (full 3 secs) to mount in 15 secs or so. He extended both hands to push up against my chest. Could have crossed him to armbar in a heartbeat, but instead I stopped the roll. I showed him a mount survival position and then we worked side control survival. I think I made a friend. Hope he keeps coming.

Injury Report: I dislocated my pinky toe a few weeks ago. Felt a bit of pain during a roll and looked down. Toe was pointing the wrong direction. It looked like it should have hurt a lot more than it did. I re-set it, took a day off, and have taped it every session since. Today I decided to give it a go without tape. That lasted until my first pass the guard attempt. Still too weak and sore. Tape to stay on a while longer. My left shoulder got tweaked a bit from the armbar and omoplata drills. Both shoulders and elbows throbbed and ached at the end of the workout, but a few hours later...they don't feel tooooo bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment