Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Knee Injury

In Chicago for a work conference.  Went for a run downtown on Sunday.  Lots of dodging people and start/stops at intersections.  My left knee started aching a bit but nothing big.  6.4 miles into the run I started to cross a street and my leg gave out.  I literally fell and couldn't stand up again.  Needed help getting across the street and out of traffic.  Sat on the sidewalk in disbelief for 15 mins or so trying to assess the damage.  Decided to walk a bit.  Got a few steps then had to stop.  A few more steps.  Etc.  Eventually I started walking longer stretches with a limp and found my way back to the hotel. Iced it immediately (and again yesterday).  I'm still not sure what's wrong.  I can walk okay, but it's achy and unstable.  I struggle walking down stairs.

Had planned to train at Comprido's and Carlson Gracies while here.  That's off the agenda.  Also, I have a triathlon this weekend.  It's only a sprint (run part is flat 3.1 miles) so I'm hopeful I can do that.  But I'm worried about the La Jolla Half Marathon coming up in two weeks.  An old roommate I haven't seen in about 10years is coming to town to run it with me.  It's a hilly course so aside from the distance, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the downhills.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment