Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pathetic Performance

Lost three fights at Grappling X this weekend.  The fact that I lost isn't pathetic.  But my performance was.  Lost to the same guy twice in my division (double elimination tourney).  Gassed.  Beat me 4-0 and 7-0.  I lost to him at Nationals last year in the absolute finals. It was a war and I barely lost.  In fact, I was confident that had I had another minute I would have beat him.  This time he destroyed me.  I gassed.  7 min rounds.  Miserable.  I also lost in the absolute by arm bar in about 30 seconds.  My opponent was substantially lighter (probably 170lbs) but lanky.  He pulled guard and shot a triangle.  I postured to defend the triangle and he took my arm.  Ridiculous.   I could tell my coaches were disappointed.  Said my head wasn't in the fight.  Maybe.  I really don't know what happened.  But all I know is I'm going to keep training and keep competing.

No comments:

Post a Comment