Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve Session and 2013 Weight Plan

The academy was closed today but I joined a seasoned Blue and Professor Antonio for a bit of competition training this morning.  The Blue and I are competing at the Abu Dhabi World Pro Trials here in San Diego and Professor Antonio is heading to Lisbon for the European Open at the end of the month.  I got my butt handed to me.  The Blue destroyed me.  Must have tapped me six times.  But when he wasn't tapping me he was racking up points.  Faired a little better against Professor Antonio, but I don't think tapping me was his number one priority.  He was definitely working on things.  After about 4 rounds or so each they began a strength circuit with kettlebells and ropes.  I joined about half way through.  I'm definitely out of jiu-jitsu shape.

Speaking of being out of jiu-jitsu shape, I start my diet for the 2013 competition season this Wednesday.  I need to lose about 5lbs for the World Pro Trials; however, I can weigh in the day before so I don't really need to cut for that.  But I want to make slightly better choices, restrict my portion sizes, and reduce beer consumption to lose fat while increasing muscle mass through more strength and BJJ training.  Hope to be down to 200lbs or so by mid-March.  Then maintain that weight through Master/Senior Worlds in the fall.  That's the goal anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment