Friday, June 1, 2012

Strength Training

I'm swamped.  Too busy with work to log my training.  That said, I plan to post about my tournaments in New Orleans and Pensacola plus training in-between.  Haven't trained much since returning, but I have been working out.

Speaking of working out, starting next week my 2x weekly "strength and conditioning" sessions will become 3x weekly "strength" training.  I'm doing enough conditioning now and my weight is exactly where I want it to be for the Heavy division.  That said, I have about 10-15lbs of fat that I plan to replace with muscle.  Hence the increased focus on strength training.  Plan is to build lean muscle around key joints and the core through light weight and high reps.  Nothing bulky or showy.  Just need to maintain my diet and cardio routines to maintain weight while gaining muscle.  Hoping for good results over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment