Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bikram Yoga

Wow. Never done yoga before. 90 minutes of bikram tonight. Sweat my arse off. I feel amazing. Definitely doing it again. Maybe regularly. Only one of the poses hurt my knee. Another pose felt like I was double armbarring myself. Have no clue how the others were doing it. Put both arms straight under your belly with palms down. Basically your chest is smashing the elbows flat and the rotated palms makes a funny angle. I couldn't come close to doing it. No wonder I tap early to arm bars. I have no flexibility in that direction!

T-36 hours until tourney time. I changed my registration to gi and no-gi. I should get at least 4 fights. Worst case I win one or two and have to fight exhausted. Sounds like fun!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I'd be doing bikram 36 hours before fight time. That said, good on you for signing up for both gi and no-gi. It's all about the experience, right?

    I am NOT a yoga guy. But I am an absolute advocate of bikram yoga. I've only done it twice, but especially when you get a group of jitsuheads in there, you can cancel out the freaky hippies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dev, I feel fantastic! Only lost 3.5lbs. I'm well under weight so I'll hydrate today and through tomorrow morning. Hippies don't bother me. Although one old dude kept leering at me. Not sure if it was because I looked like didn't belong or if he liked what he saw. ;-)

    ReplyDelete