Wednesday, October 20, 2010

5:25 to 6:30p

5:25-5:35p: Showed Chad (White Belt) the take down Gavin taught me Monday night. Worked the mechanics a few times. Felt achy before class, but achy turned to downright pain after this brief workout. Left shoulder is no bueno.

5:35-5:45p: Brief warm-up. No drills.

5:45-6p: Sweep / pass the guard. Aaron (Blue Belt) swept me and took my back. After the sweep was complete I moved and my right knee popped. Front right side. It's still popping, but I don't feel any pain or discomfort. Not so with my shoulder. Killing me. Pulsating shots of pain from the inner joint. No bueno.

6-6:30p: Rolls. 5 minute rounds. I sat out most rounds and kept time. I decided to roll lightly with Chad (White Belt). Kept my left arm in my belt. Never tried that before. Saved my left arm...but Chad got an Americana on my right arm.

Ice and lots of ibuprofen tonight... Saturday is tourney-time. Can't imagine competing with this level of pain, but I hope to shake this with a couple days rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment