Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This is Gonna Take a While

Good training session today. Grip breaking drills were brutal. I didn't improve my technique one bit during my time away from the mats. Heh. Worked two standing/squatting guard passes, both involved controlling opponents hip at the belt. First was an x-pass variation and the second was a stack pass variation. Both felt awkward. Trained with a Purple (about 150lbs or so) and twice with a White (180lbs or so). Purple turned me into a pretzel and tapped me several times. Worked on relaxing with the White. Tried not to force anything. Caught him a couple times. At one point I shot a triangle and had it locked in. He started stacking. I let it go. Not worth the risk to the neck. He took my back toward the end. If I learned anything today, it was that recovery will be a long road and that my visions of glory at Pan Ams this year are just fantasy. Still...looking forward to the next time I can get on the mats.

No comments:

Post a Comment