Monday, January 31, 2011

Feeling Great!

5:45-6:15p: Private with Professor. Chatted a little about the Strikeforce fights while stretching. Then messed around with the knee bar and omoplata from guard from a Machado you tube clip (thanks Steve!). Followed by 15 minutes or so of rolling. Exhausting. Can't say that I did anything particularly well, but I managed a few sweeps from butterfly set up shown in Saulo's Revolution 1. Doubt theynwere legit sweeps though. We were just goofing off. That said...I was exhausted. First time I'd exerted myself for 15 minutes straight in 6 weeks. Exhausting.

6:15-6:30p: Stretched. Ran out to my car to get an extra gi for a new guy. Lots of new folks lately. Hope they stick around.

6:30-6:50p: Warm up / standard drills. Could only finish less than half the push-ups from knees. Sooooo weak.

6:50-7p: Grip break drills from stand up. Terrible showing. My stand up doesn't deserve a white belt.

7-7:30p: Technique. Side control maintenance and escapes. Transitions to multiple positions, including north/south. Worked with a new White Belt. Although I have more experience/technique, he had more muscle and determination. Threw me every which way...but gassed in the process. Still, I was a bit embarrassed how easily he esacaped...no swept me from...side control.

7:30-8p: Rolls. 6 minute rounds. Got a first day White Belt my first round. She said she trained a few weeks in Pensacola at a Pedro Sauer school. 3 weeks? Really? She was pretty solid. Aggressive. Good instincts. Not a bad roll. Got two Purples my last couple rolls. Roll with Purple number one was a blur. I'd rolled with him before, but not like this. Perhaps it was my 6 week hiatus or perhaps he was going easier on me before, but I really struggled tonight. Only thing I remember is he caught me with a straight ankle lock and I escaped an arm bar attempt. Plain tired. After the roll, Purple complimented me on my "A" sweep, but encouraged me to work on transitions to a "B" and "C" sweep when he posts out on the "A" sweep. I wish I understood what he was talking about. I was so stinking tired...I don't recall the "A" sweep or my failure to recognize opportunities to implement "B" and "C" sweeps. I was too tired...it will be a bit of a haul until I'm in shape again. Last roll with a Purple who is commmited to working guard passes. He passed my guard every time, but I did my best to frustrate his attempts. Wore myself out even more in the process.

8:30-8:35p: Worked with a White Belt after class. Mostly guard passes. Managed a couple of sweeps to mount, followed by chokes. He's a lot stronger with a much stabler base than in the past. Noticeable improvement. Nice.

Although utterly exhausted after class, but I feel amazing. The post-train high is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment