Thursday, December 8, 2011

Down for the Count...

...and this time I may not get back up.

Woke up Saturday with a slight kink in the neck. Slight kink turned into excruciating pain. Think crawl out of skin and bang your against the concrete until it stops pain. Left hand and fingers numb. Achy shoulder, elbow, and forearm. Spasmy deltoid, Tricep, and pec. Almost now strength in my left arm. 2-3 hrs of broken sleep per night. Misery.

Dragged myself into the doctor today. Started a steroid pack (methylprednisolone) plus amitriptyline to help with sleep and pain. He wants a new MRI. Said the MRI I got in January doesn't explain my current symptoms. The herniated discs shown on that MRI explained the symptoms in my right hand, but nothing that could suggest current symptoms on the left side. Dr. says additional damage must have been done since. Hmm... The only neck trauma since January happened a couple months back when a Purple tried to escape a triangle via front roll. But that strained the muscles. I didn't feel any nerve pain or have numbness in the arm/hand. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Have no clue how long I'll be out. At this point - given the crazy pain - I'd say I'm out indefinitely.

5 comments:

  1. ;{ Okay, I have been griping about my piddly sinus infection all day, but I'll shut up now. Back pain is no joke. Sending healing thoughts your way.

    Dag

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's nothing too serious. Best wishes for a fast recovery - Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Rick. Chiro, massage, n-saids. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrible to hear this, Rick. I have a feeling you're not down for the count though. All my best for a speedy recovery.

    -Nola Nemesis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care! Hope it's nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete