Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Worthless

Exhausted + dehydrated + sore = absolutely worthless for training. Should have stayed home. Made it through self defense class (6-7p), warm-ups (7-7:20p), and sweep / pass the guard (7:20-7:35p) ... but only barely. Self defense techniques included three responses to various sucker chokes from behind. Then reviewed Machida/Rampage failed arm bar attempts and drilled the correct technique from mount and side control. Observed the technique portion of sports BJJ class. Sports BJJ class techniques included X guard sweeps from butterfly and half guard set ups. Couldn't believe it, but I started to doze off. Bailed before the rolls started. Just wasn't going to happen.

Injury Report: Not sure what's wrong, but my right hand/thumb has been tingling regularly for the past few days. Something's pinched in my neck/shoulder. Don't think it's training related. I developed a kink and first noticed occasional tingling after an uncomfortable flight and night's sleep a couple weeks ago. But now it's regular. Hasn't affected my training...yet...but definitely something I need to pay attention to.

4 comments:

  1. you need to look up ulnar nerve entrapment. You have it...its from being arm barred too many times, and inflammation is occurring in the elbow joint. There is an exercise to relieve it, but it won't go away until the inflammation ceases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i should say, you "may" have it. I'm no doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chad! Not sure though... My right arm is rarely arm barred. Usually give up the left arm from seated or technical mount. Not sure why it it's usually that arm, but it is. And, most importantly, I tap BEFORE my arm is fully extended. As soon as s/he breaks the grip and the arm starts extending, I'm preparing to tap. I've only had someone extend the hips into my elbow joint once...months ago...after the 17yr old "claimed" he didn't feel my first 5 taps. Sort of ticked me off. I really think the pinch is in my neck/shoulder. I can induce the numbness by leaning my head to the right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still, you are probably putting more stress on that arm than you realize. Blue Emu works wonders. Epsom salt baths are great. And the Big Kahuna, ICE ICE ICE.

    ReplyDelete