Friday, December 10, 2010

Median Nerve Compression

I'm out...for the most part. Chiropractor clearly doesn't have a clue what's wrong with me. 5 minutes of googling tells me I have median nerve compression or irritation (but not CTS). Going to take it easy for a few weeks and see what happens. Through Christmas Eve, I'll show up to class a couple times per week, warm up, and be very picky about my participation in techniques and drills. No rolling. I'll work my core and other band/ankle weight conditioning instead. Then I'll take 10 days off while home for Christmas. If my symptoms haven't subsided come the new year, I'll have to see a neurologist.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with all that and best wishes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your health. I never like to see anyone mess around with neck injuries. Take your time and get it right. I have seen people come back from pretty bad neck injuries, (even a break) but it definitely takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone tweaked me in a drill last night and now I have a couple of numb fingers too. Crap. I'm 47 and just got back from a shoulder injury.

    This is driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @John, no good! Hopefully your situation is better off than mine. I'll post an update soon, but it looks like it's not Median Nerve Compression...but a blown disc or two that's pinching the roots from the neck that eventually make up the median nerve. Surgery possible...will try a few alternative approaches first. But I'm determined not to let this keep me down. Still going to show up to class and do what I can (warm up and some techniques) and work my core/hips/legs while others are rolling and drilling the hard stuff. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete